Thursday, January 27, 2011

Woman mayor shows her horrific scars after surviving two assassination attempts by Mexican gangs

Daily Mail Online

Baring her mutilated body for the camera, Maria Santos Gorrostieta shows the horrific results of two assassination attempts by Mexican criminals

As the mayor of the town of Tiquicheo, she has become a key target for drug gangs who have turned the country into a grotesquely violent narco-state.

But despite being scarred physically and mentally by the attacks, the extraordinarily brave Mrs Gorrostieta remains defiant.

'I wanted to show you my wounds because I'm not ashamed that my body is mutilated like this,' she said.

Injuries: Maria Santos Gorrostieta, the mayor of the Mexican town of Tiquicheo shows her horrific injuries after surviving two assassination attempts

Injuries: Maria Santos Gorrostieta, the mayor of the Mexican town of Tiquicheo shows her horrific injuries after surviving two assassination attempts

Brave: The mayor said some people had even doubted that she was attacked

Brave: The mayor said some people had even doubted that she was attacked

'It is the result of shameful acts which have marked my life and the lives of my children. But I am not ashamed.

'There are some that have said I made these attacks up. But I did not and now I show the physical proof to those who have doubted me.'...

[Full Article]