Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The Fallacy of Gun Control

American Thinker

As a parent of two boys under the age of four, a responsible gun owner, and an NRA member, I'd like to take this opportunity to rebut "Sensible Arms Control," in which my good friend Brett Joshpe argues for more gun control following the Newtown tragedy.

Gun Rights are Inalienable and Natural
There is nothing "lazy" about characterizing the inalienable right to defend self, family, and property, and the right to hunt, as "natural rights." Preaching from their ivory towers (typically capitol buildings, college campuses, gated communities, and urban apartments), gun control proponents casually dismiss the dire consequences of disarming law-abiding citizens. I own a home in an empty corner of Maine, where my family and I are generally out of range of rapid police assistance both on our property and while traveling in the area. As a concealed carry permit holder, I have the opportunity to save our lives if we are confronted by violent criminals.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/01/the_fallacy_of_gun_control.html#ixzz2GjkuGRXA
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook