Canton, Ohio police officer Daniel Harless has been placed on administrative leave following the release of dash cam video that showed him threatening the life of a driver who did not immediately provide notification of having a conceal weapons permit.

Ohioans for Concealed Carry, who released the video, said that William Bartlett made two attempts to notify the officer but was told not to speak.

“I have a carry…,” Bartlett began before being asked for his license.

“Why do you keep having that? What is that?” Harless asked about the concealed carry card Bartlett was trying to show him.

“Because I have a concealed carry,” Bartlett explained.

“Right now, the shit you just pulled, I should just blast you right in the mouth… I’m so close to caving in your god damn head…You fuck with me…You’re just a stupid human being,” Harless shouted.

“You want me to pull mine and stick it to your head?”

“I tell you what I should’ve done,” Harless later told Bartlett. “As soon as I saw your gun, I should have taken two steps back, pulled my Glock 40 and just put 10 bullets in your ass and let you drop. And I wouldn’t have lost any sleep.”...[Full Article]


Video: Canton officer under investigation after concealed carry arrest

Canton Repository


WARNING: This video was obtained through a public records request. It contains harsh language and may be considered offensive to some viewers.