Wednesday, November 17, 2010

TSA pat-down pushback: Sacramento traveler outraged over 'hands on'

SACRAMENTO, CA - A 43-year-old wife and mother who insists she's no prude was "stunned and shocked" by the pat-down she received by a security screener Tuesday at Sacramento International Airport.

"It was absolutely dehumanizing. I felt totally violated," said Detroit-bound traveler Wendy James Gigliotti by telephone during a layover in Denver.

Gigliotti said she had never had a problem with the routine "back of the hand" pat-downs she had experienced on previous trips, and was expecting something similar when she was selected at random for secondary screening by a female employee of the Transportation Security Administration (TSA).

Gigliotti was wearing a loose-fiiting skirt and she said the TSA screener put her hands up the skirt.

"She said 'spread your legs.' And then she took her full palms and started at my neck and ran all the way down my body, full palms, constant contact. And when she got down to my feet, she was in constant contact from my ankles all the way up to my groin, across my groin, and down the other leg. And she did that twice," Gigliotti said.

Gigliotti contacted News10 as soon as the plane landed because she believes TSA has crossed the line of acceptable behavior in the name of security...

[Full Article]