Thursday, August 11, 2011

Actor Corey Feldman Says Pedophilia No. 1 Problem for Child Stars, Contributed to Demise of Corey Haim



ABC News

Corey Feldman has no idea what it's like not to be famous. After all, he starred in a McDonald's ad when he was just 3 years old.

"I literally was famous before I knew my own name," he said in an interview with ABC News' "Nightline."

The ad led to roles in films such as "Stand By Me," "Goonies" and "License to Drive." He was a household name before he could read.

"I knew ... to respond to Corey, but I didn't know how to write it; I didn't know how to spell it," he said.

But being famous and underage, he said, caused serious damage to him and his friends, including loss of innocence and a lost childhood.

Feldman blamed the adults around him, not just those looking to profit from charming children, but also some with far more sinister motives.

"I can tell you that the No. 1 problem in Hollywood was and is and always will be pedophilia. That's the biggest problem for children in this industry. ... It's the big secret," Feldman said...[Full Article]